Headed out yesterday to Pigeon for the first time to get a sense of the water and location. I'm fishing a tourney on the tri lakes this coming weekend and wanted to first and foremost scan for prop killing obstacles. Thats basically my pre-fish strategy...find prop killers and they usually hold fish ...two birds(bass)one stone kinda thing;)!!Anyways I picked probably the strongest cold front day in a while to go fishing. Water temps were average 65f, wind changing from North West to East back to North through-out the day and blowing 15-20+ knots and on and off again cold rain.Really tough boat control to say the least...anyways found some calmer water and fished real slow...managed a decent day with lots of 1.5-2 lb's a few healthy 2.5-3's and a nice kicker that I didn't weight but I figure 4+. Not a bad day and look at the lake considering the weather, couple pics attached of a couple fish...couldn't work the camera well for the others in the rain.CheersFlavio
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment